yes, I have been slacking blog posts this semester. However, I am not sorry, because this semester was simply so intense I decided to spend that time on loads of new experiences instead of this blog. This semester, my second semester at uni, was epic, all-consuming, and one the best times of my life. A constant shower of blessings. How lucky am I to say that I am truly happy and have been for such a long time now. Life is good.
It is amazing to see where my first year of uni has taken me, and I can’t wait to explore the second volume, but first: summer break.
Here are 17 memories I made in July 2017:
1. I played at a volleyball tournament with my dorm after training towards the event for three months.
2. We didn’t place as good as expected, but we had enough team spirit for it not to matter. We cheered, encouraged everyone, threw ourselves into the sand, and absolutely freaked out, when we managed to win one game against the best team. That day was such a good day.
3. I decided where I want to spend my year abroad.
4. Surprisingly, I got a perfect job I had not expected but hoped to get one day far away. What a blessing!
5. At the dorm, we threw our yearly summer party, which was full of interesting conversations, dance battles, and memorable moments we still laugh about now.
6. I started to study for my exams.
7. With the help of my lecturer, I handled a difficult situation at uni very well. I solved it with the help of an anagram and a GIF. Yes, I am a millenial.
8. I went home to Bern for a festival! It was so fun!!
9. A close friend, which I had not seen for a long time, and I spent three nights in a super cheap tent, which I documented with a one-way camera.
10. I fell in love with music again. Imagine Dragons was just as epic as Lizzie and LP. Also, I had the best Rösti at the festival.
11. I swam in the freezing Aare.
12. One week before my exams, I went to a theme park with some friends from the dorm. That was probably not the smartest decision but a good one nonetheless. Shared fun is the best.
13. Somehow, I managed to pass Swedish, although I had not studied enough for it.
14. On the 22nd, I turned 20! My entire dorm surprised me at midnight and showered me with love. In the afternoon, my parents, my brother, and my godfather came. My first day as a post-teenager was calm but absolutely wonderful. Year No. 20 was definitely a good one.
15. I wrote all three of my exams well prepared, because I had been very organized and disciplined for the past four weeks.
16. The celebrations for the end of this epic semester were emotional, intense, and great: the farewell service as well as the party. Both caused me some dark bags under my eyes, which is pretty symbolic for this semester: tiring but absolutely worth the memories.
17. The end of this month signified the end of an era with friends which now feel like family. Goodbyes are so hard, but I am also more than ready for some deserved time off and some upcoming trips.
Have a good August!