Time flies, especially now that uni has started again. I can hardly find time to catch a break between all the fascinating but demanding courses I am taking. But it feels so good to be productive again. Everyday I am learning new things, which I hope to keep doing for a lot longer time.
April, however, is over, and I am here today to reflect on this last month.
Here are 17 memories I made in April 2017:
1. I cleaned a closet that had not been cleaned in twelve years.
2. Upon moving back to Heidelberg, all male members of my family embarrassed me in front of my dorm mates.
3. I had a visitor from Duluth, where I spent my exchange year during the coldest winter in 130 years. We hadn’t seen each other for three years, but it clicked again instantly.
4. We visited Frankfurt. It was actually quite pretty.
5. On Good Friday, I went running at 6am with 300 m of elevation. So proud.
6. Speaking of running, I ran a lot this month. 92 km to be exact.
7. I spent Easter with my family and the Easter bunny above the treetops. On Easter Sunday I was mistaken for being fifteen years old. What a sad day.
8. Summer semester started. I took far too many courses I am all too passionate about.
9. I visited Sophia in Hamburg and fell in love with the city while running around the Alster. I will live there one day. I know I will.
10. We stayed out till 5 o’clock. Summer fling don’t mean a thing but oh oh the summer nights.
11. Oma, Opa, and I had lunch and lots of laughs.
12. I started learning Swedish. Hej, jag heter Layla och kommer fron schweiz. Talar tyska, engelska, italienska, franska och pittolite svenska.
13. More adult things this month: I am now insured and saving up for retirement. #pensionof2064
14. I organized the semester opening activity for my dorm. ’twas fun.
15. Laura, Chiara, Julia, and I baked a cheese cake, respectively I prided myself on being the chef because of my last name and made them bake a cheese cake for their boss, aka me.
16. I danced into the month of May as is the custom. I will never ever again get the smoke stench created by 10,000 fires out of my jacket.
17. After a busy but adventurous month, I am ready for warmer weather and more activities with my friends.
Have a great May!